Join the South Devon Veterinary Group & be part of our brilliant veterinary nursing community.
We are looking for 2 Full Time registered nurses to work across the group.
The salary is up to £29,000 DOE.
It is very important to us that our team are happy at work and enjoy a good work life balance so our full-time nurses’ week is based over 38.5 hours, which can be worked over 4 or 5 days, depending on preference. We are open between 08:00 and 19:00, if you would prefer part-time hours we would be happy to chat about what you’re looking for as we can be flexible with the rota
Kingsteignton is open on Saturday mornings so we would like you to take part in our Saturday rota (8:00am-12:00pm) with time off in lieu given the following week.
Day to day duties include supporting the Vets in surgery – (placing IV lines, taking bloods, monitoring anaesthetics, setting up fluids, assisting with radiographs) and providing in-patient care.
We all have a share of the responsibilities here, spending time between the surgical, medical and nurse clinic duties to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to increase their skills and knowledge. If you have a particular area of interest, we are happy to support this and make sure you can pursue your passions. We run extensive nurse clinics and we’re always open to new ideas to expand and improve them
There are no on-call or out-of-hours shifts, but we do provide our own out-of-hours inpatient care at the Hospital, and have a dedicated night team who take over at 18:00.
If working nights specifically are of interest to you, let us know.
Because You Matter
Investing in you is at the heart of what we do so in addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from;
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Company Sick Pay allowance from day one
- Have your birthday off on us
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance per year
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
- Relocation packages for candidates moving from outside of the area.
If this position is of interest to please email The Practice Director - email@example.com